Relocation is a huge project to manage and usually comes at a very inconvenient time. We get local Raleigh home sellers calling us or submitting their house info on this website every week saying “I’m relocating and need to sell my house in Raleigh “. The great thing is that we’re able to help a good many of those sellers sell their houses quickly (because we’re actively buying houses in Raleigh NC right now!).
There’s an insane amount of details to keep together, plus the stress of whatever is making you move in the first place – often it’s a new job or a sick relative, but the true need to move always comes with a dramatic change.
So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
Don’t Agonize – Organize
Paying one 1 mortgage can be challenging enough, you don’t want to be in a situation where you end up paying to own 2 houses, one of them being vacant, for several years. That gets expensive and it doesn’t have to be that way.
Although the market is relatively stable right now in Raleigh, things can change in the blink of an eye. We’ve heard some serious horror stories over the past couple of decades. Unless you’re filthy rich, you probably can’t afford to wait it out.
So how do you make the right choices when you’re relocating and need to sell your Raleigh NC house fast?
Relocating And Need To Sell My House Fast In Raleigh… Your Options And Steps
- Find out what your house is worth: To do this you can read our post on pulling comps in your area, or you can contact a local real estate agent. Note that an agent will pull comps via the MLS and review them to determine value. Once you know what the house may be able to sell for in the current market, you can calculate the cost of sale, and determine your potential profit, or loss, after the sale.
- Decide how fast you need to sell your house after you relocate: This is a biggie. I had a neighbor in Raleigh who moved out of state and his house sat on the market for 6 months. He finally sold for about 20% under his original asking price. Decide how long you’re willing to keep making 2 mortgage payments, insurance payments, etc.
- Find a solid real estate agent BEFORE you start packing: Get the ball rolling early, so you don’t waste any time. The longer you wait, the more money will go to waste! If you don’t want to use a real estate agent to sell… we are a reputable local house buyer and we’d love to make you a fast-fair all cash offer. Just fill out the form through this link to get started >>
- What will it cost to “wait it out”: One thing many people forget to do is come up with the $ amount of how much it costs you to hold onto this house. The costs include the mortgage (which is primarily interesting if the loan is less than 10 years old), insurance, taxes, maintenance, etc. Let’s say you want to sell your house for $200,000… and your mortgage payment is $1,200/mo, taxes $200/mo, $100/mo for insurance, and $100/mo for maintenance (lawn maintenance, and repairs while you’re gone, etc.).Those expenses add up to $1,600/mo in “non-equity building” expenses. If it takes you 7 months to sell that house through a real estate agent for that $200,000… it cost you $11,200 in DIRECT “holding costs” + you had to pay $12,000 in real estate agent fees (assuming 3% for the buyer’s agent and 3% for the sellers’ agent). Totaling $23,200 in LOST money. That doesn’t even account for the value of your time, your stress in thinking about that property sitting on the market, the opportunity cost of what you could have been doing with that extra money during those 7 months, etc. So the real cost to you was likely closer to $30,000. But, what if you were to sell your house next week and avoid all of that? Even if you sold for a discount below the retail price (let’s say… $175,000)… you’re still ahead of the game by selling the house NOW at a discount to a home buyer like our company vs. 7 months later at full price (and paying holding costs and real estate agent fees). Make sense?
- Take action!: Whatever you decide… decide and take action. If you want to go the real estate agent route, great! Find a reputable local Raleigh agent. If you’d rather not have to wait and not have to pay real estate agent commissions… then a viable option may be to sell your house to us 🙂
If you’ve got a lot of time on your side and a really great property, you might want to test the market by offering it out at a high price. There’s a small chance someone might just fall in love and be willing to overpay – people do crazy things for love.
Most properties are pretty average, in reality. They tend to be like the other houses around them, in the same way, that people who live near each other tend to have a lot in common too. So unless your property is truly exceptional, as in magazine-quality extra-special, you won’t capture the most money in the market by pricing at the highest point.
You can also win by marketing your property for rent and sale at the same time, just to see what happens first. You have to maintain control of the process, which can confuse even seasoned real estate brokers.
In certain situations, we may partner with property owners to help secure lease option agreements where highly qualified purchasers rent the property for an agreed time before buying.
In other cases, we may help renegotiate a loan, help make monthly payments or conduct a short sale with a bank.
We love helping people solve complicated problems.
Creative solutions can bridge the gap to get you where you need to be.
Who Is Wake County Home Buyers And How Can We Help You If You’re Relocating And Need To Sell In Raleigh?
We’re investors. We support our families and beautify neighborhoods by buying houses from Raleigh homeowners who need to sell fast for one reason or another.
The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who…
- Need to sell fast (we can close in as little as 7 days if you need us to)
- Don’t want to hassle with listing a property with an agent
- Don’t want to pay real estate agent fees
- Can’t sell their house for one reason or another (we buy houses in as-is condition)
- … or a variety of other reasons
But we’re passionate people, and we believe in the Raleigh community.
We’re honest and straightforward.
We’ll quote you a fair price, and we can close fast with cash.
If you’re prepared to wait and can hire professionals to help, you can manage the sale of your property from a distance. In certain circumstances that risk can pay off.
We’re happy to help you find answers to your toughest questions about your Raleigh real estate, so please feel free to call us at 919-473-6885 and chat with us anytime.
Tips For Selling a Home During Fall in Raleigh NC